Blogs and News Articles Related to Acupuncture, Health, and Wellness in the Denver/ Lakewood Area!
It’s October! And that means it is the month for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Day! Otherwise known as AOM Day which lands on October 24th! So what is AOM Day? It’s a day where acupuncturists from all over get to spread the word about Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine. It was designed increase public awareness of the progress, promise, and benefits of this ancient healing art of medicine!
Did you know 1 in 10 adults have received acupuncture at least once in their lives, this statistic shows the increasing need and popularity of acupuncture and AOM Day is a way where we can really promote this, not that I don’t do that everyday :) But on October 24th the United States, Canada, Mexico, and even Pakistan all get to show our love for acupuncture together!
Some other Fun Facts about Acupuncture and AOM DAY:
1. Oriental medicine, such as acupuncture, is a health care system that has been used for more than 3,000 years to treat illness and improve quality of life.
2. All Oriental medicine is based on the idea of bringing the body to balance and improving the the body’s natural energy flow, which is called qi.
3. The World Health Organization has listed acupuncture as a useful treatment for more than 40 health conditions.
4. Acupuncture is known to be helpful as a treatment on its own, as well as a complementary treatment.
5. AOM day is comprised of international partnerships with professional associations, research organizations and educational institutions.
6. The most common complementary and alternative medicines according to the NCCIH survey include acupuncture, acupressure, herbal medicine, tai chi and qigong.
7. Activities on AOM Day include press releases, health fairs, open house tours of college clinics and facilities, and working with AOM professionals and alumni to host free treatments and talks.
8. The 49 AOM colleges and programs in the U.S. are all part of The Council of Colleges of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, which was established in 1982 for the goal of advancing acupuncture and oriental medicine and promoting education.
So you may be thinking thats great but what does that mean for me?
This year to celebrate AOM DAY and to spread the benefits of Acupuncture Denver Mind Body Essence will be offering 20% OFF ALL ACUPUNCTURE TREATMENTS!
That includes- Auricular Acupuncture: Normally $30 but will be just $24
Initial Acupuncture Treatments: Normally $110 but will be $88
Returning Acupuncture Treatments: Normally $70 but will be $56
If your still not sure if Acupuncture is right for you and just want to learn more book a free initial consultation to get all your questions answered!
Appointments will go quick at these prices so book today!
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.